What to do
- Listen and Work Together.
- Remain Calm.
- Talk about the situation with people you trust.
- Gather all the facts before making any decisions.
- Remember that YOU matter in this situation too. This has an impact on her life and YOURS.
What not to do
- Don’t walk away from her and the situation.
- Don’t put pressure or blame on her. You both are in this together.
- Don’t remain passive – she will likely rely on you during this time.
Your Next Steps
- Confirm the pregnancy with a pregnancy test and ultrasound.
- Work together and talk about your options.
- Take time to think through the situation.
- Make a decision.
If you would like to chat with someone, please use our chat widget below or text: 877-707-0505. We want you to know that you are not alone and help is available.
CONFIDENTIAL TEXT LINE
FIND A MENTORING PROGRAM NEAR YOU
As a man, I was very nervous I would be judged when my partner became pregnant. Thankfully, these resources helped me become a father – which is now the best part of my life.”
“I wasn’t sure if adoption was the right choice for my girlfriend and me. But once we calmly thought through the options with the information, we knew that it was best for our situation.”
“It was so helpful for me to be able to discuss my situation with professionals. This affects my life, too.”
24/7 TEXT LINE
CONNECT WITH US
NO BETTER FRIENDS FOR LIFE
This information is intended for general educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical advice.
© 2021 No Better Friend Corp.